– China infection rates cloudy and Larry Kudlow talked of a “lack of transparency coming from the Chinese”
– Eurozone economic growth slowed in Q4, 0.9% y/y vs previously estimated 1%
– BOE’s Carney sees a Brexit silver lining, talking of “a conceptual positive”
– RBS doubled profits and announced a name change to NatWest in a strategic overhaul
– AstraZeneca PLC results missed expectations and cautioned its guidance depends on the final impact of the coronavirus
– Renault profits were nearly wiped out as income from its partner Nissan collapsed
Europe’s broad Euro STOXX 600 rose 0.1% even as Paris and London wobbled.
US data later this afternoon includes Retail Sales (1:30pm), IP (2:15pm) and Michigan Confidence (3pm). It’s a long weekend in the US with President’s Day holiday on Monday.