- 10 bipartisan US senators reached an agreement on infrastructure that would not hike taxes
- China passed a bill aimed at countering sanctions, it was rushed through in secret just a week after the Biden administration’s update to Trump’s rules banning Americans from investing in many Chinese companies
- G7 summit hotel, housing security staff, forced to close due to Covid outbreak
- Macron said he would veto a renegotiation of the Northern Ireland Brexit deal
- UK Covid restrictions due to end June 21st may be extended for a month
- UK Pensions Regulator warns dividends could be suspended by companies hard hit by Covid
US equities took the jump in inflation in their stride, the S&P 500 closed at a record high. Meme stocks ran out of steam yesterday however, GameStop fell 27.2%. Asian equity markets were mixed. Indian equities hit record highs, financials and energy led the way, as more states lifted pandemic restrictions.
On this day in 1955 eighty-three spectators were killed after an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes-Benz collided at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in motorsports