- US advises travellers to avoid the UK.
- Australia, Victoria state extended its lockdown and tightened border restrictions with Sydney; South Australia reintroduced restrictions.
- Japan Inflation rose 0.2% yoy vs f/c -0.1%.
- China held its benchmark lending rate unchanged, for the 15th straight month.
- RBA Minutes said “conditions for an increase in the cash rate would not be met until 2024”; “economic outcomes had been materially better than earlier expected…in light of these improvements…members decided to adjust weekly purchases from $5 billion to $4 billion”.
- Apple will postpone returning to the office by at least a month as virus variants persist.
- Boris Johnson says key workers will be exempt from self-isolation rules; nightclubs and large venues will need to ensure customers are vaccinated (both jabs) from end September.
- UBS reports 63% jump in net profit.
Earnings today include Netflix, Chipotle, Volvo.
On this day in 1974 Turkey invaded Cyprus.