- UK set to announce booster jabs for over 50s.
- US storm Nicholas strengthened to a hurricane and is set to batter the Gulf Coast of Texas.
- Norway’s left-wing opposition won a significant election victory, this means all five Nordic countries will now have a left-wing PM for the first time in 62 years.
- Australia NAB Business Confidence index rose slightly to -5.
- RBA’s Lowe pushed back on the market pricing rate rises “next year or early 2023”.
- China Evergrande has hired advisers and issued a dire assessment of its financial health.
- Apple issued a security update for vulnerabilities that allowed NSO Group to infect Apple products.
On this day in 1960 OPEC was founded in Baghdad by Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.