- Liz Truss says a UK recession “is extremely worrying but it’s not inevitable, we can change the outcome and make it more likely the economy grows” in Sky News debate.
- Pelosi says the US will not let China isolate Taiwan in trip to Tokyo.
- Kyrsten Sinema will back the Inflation Reduction Act after carried interest provision is dropped.
- Biden tests positive for Covid again.
- India raises rates to 5.4% with a 50bp hike that was larger than many expected.
- Three more grain ships depart Ukraine.
- Beyond Meat earnings disappoint, lowers its revenue forecast for the year and announces workforce cuts.
- Bain considering legal action against UK government after it was banned from bidding for state contracts over its “grave professional misconduct” in South Africa.
- Coinbase agrees to provide Bitcoin access to BlackRock’s Aladdin platform.
BM Talks: Rana Mitter Speaks
Rana Mitter, Professor of the History and Politics of Modern China answers our questions on whether China will invade Taiwan, how long the Zero Covid policy can last, and what the CCP make of Liz Truss…
On this day in 2010, the San Jose copper-gold mine in the Atacama desert in Chile caves in, trapping the 33 miners inside for 69 days,